The Cady Cheese Factory is an example of a factory that started small, suffered adversity but always came back to making cheese, which it does today.
Erb’s nephew, Earnest, ran the factory for a year or two. Marvin and Hazel Seeman purchased the cheese factory in April 1955. In 1963, Norman and Delores Marcott bought the plant. In 1968, the first bulk truck began delivering milk to the plant. The Marcotts built a retail store on the south end of the factory and expanded the living quarters above the factory. In 1978, their son, Dale and his wife, Wendy, took over the operation and discontinued accepting milk delivered in cans.
The Cady Cheese Factory is known for its Colby longhorn cheese. It also produces Cheddar longhorn, Monterey Jack, and a combination of Colby and Monterey Jack called Gold’n Jack. The newest addition to the product line is the mini-deli longhorn, which is four inches in diameter – the right size for a burger or a sandwich. Cady also makes a large variety of flavored cheeses such as Hot Pepper Jack, Salsa Cheddar, Garlic Jack, Roasted Garlic Jack, Bacon and Onion Colby, Jack and Dill, plus many more.